Saturday, March 04, 2006

Lesson 10: "Birthright Blessings: Marriage in the Covenant"

Lesson 10 outline

some interesting sources to investigate:

  • Leon R. Kass, "A Woman for All Seasons" Commentary, Sept. 1991, 30-35
  • Alvin Kaunfer, "Who Knows Four? The Imahot in Rabbinic Judiaism," Judiaism (Winter 1995) 94-103.
  • Holladay, William L. "Rebekah, Mother of Thousands," Christian Century 113.20 (June 19, 1996): 653.
  • Cynthia L. Hallen, "Rebekah," Ensign, Jan. 2002, 39.
  • David H. Madsen, "Jacob and Esau," Ensign, Jan. 2002. 42.
  • Andrew C. Skinner, "Jacob: Keeper of Covenants," Ensign, Mar. 1998, 51.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the outline it is helpful to understand where you are at as the teacher.The questions are a jog to my mind. In a class that mainly has a lecturer at the front i find it helpful to receive questions that challenge my thinking and send me to the scriptures to determine my decisions regarding the subject at hand.

Anonymous said...

do you have any quotes relating to marriage -- second marriages when the spouse already has a sealing and will only be married for time --should the person have the same requirement as a 1st marriage--i.e.marriage should be to a member in the temple setting. It is my experience that many members disregard the "requirement" when remarrying.

Anonymous said...

I am a Gospel Doctrine teacher too in the Netherlands. Your handout has inspired me to add more questions to the handouts that I make for my lessons.