Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lesson 11: "How Can I Do This Great Wickedness"

Lesson Notes

References:
Arthur Bassett, "Joseph, A Model of Excellence," Ensign, Sept. 1980, 9
Old Testament Gospel Doctrine Teacher's Manual

Other Sources Worth Investigating:
  • Pirson, Ron. "The Twofold Message of Potiphar's Wife." Scandinavian Journal of the Old Testament 18 (2) 2004: 248-259.
  • King, J. Robin. "The Joseph Story and Divine Politics: A Comparative Study of a Biographic Formula from the Ancient Near East." Journal of Biblical Literature 106(4) 1987: 577-594.


    Thank you to the Hungarian National Gallery for the use of the image of Karoly Ferenczy's beautiful painting of Joseph sold into slavery by his brothers.

1 comment:

Charlene Durham said...

Wendy,

Thank you for your scholarship and sharing with the rest of us! I appreciate these various sources as I prepare for my class.

I also enjoy your webpage, as I see that we have many common interests (writing, education, up and coming educational processes, i.e. podcasts.

May God bless you greatly,

Charlene Durham
Foothill 2nd Ward
Salt Lake City, UT