Saturday, July 01, 2006

Lesson 25: "Let Every Thing That Hath Breath Praise the Lord"

I got my PDFCreate to work again somehow, but I couldn't fix the previous flyer. Sorry about that.

Here are some rough notes and links/sources I used for the lesson, besides the lesson manual, of course. They might be interesting if you still have yet to teach the lesson or if you want to look them over for yourself.


Selah
--Bible Dictionary definition
--"What Does 'Selah' Mean?" by Tony Warren--Carefully measure these words (like "Amen")
--"Selah," Wikipedia definition--A pause between stanzas, to reflect, like "amen."
--A a musical mark, indicating to clash the cymbals or something like that (in order to reflect)

Praise
--C.S. Lewis, “A Word About Praising.” Reflections on the Psalms. Reprinted 1986. San Diego: Harvest Books/Harcourt, 1958, pp. 90-98.
--Book Review mentioning section I referred to in class

Hymns that are from Psalms

#72 “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty”

#86 “How Great Thou Art”

#89 “The Lord is My Light”

#108 “The Lord is My Shepherd”

Poetry
--Kevin L. Barney, “Understanding Old Testament Poetry,” Ensign, June 1990, 51.

Individual Psalms
--Sidney B. Sperry, “A Note on Psalm 8: 4-6,” Ensign, Feb. 1972, 21.
--This book looks great to get/read: W. Phillip Keller, A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1993.

No comments: