Friday, August 24, 2007

Lesson 31: "And So Were the Churches Established in the Faith" [.pdf] [.pub]

I start teaching (my full-time job) again on Monday, Aug. 27, so I doubt that I'll be able to get ahead on the flyers too often. To the right, I have listed where we are in the lesson schedule. I can't quite understand why so many are so far ahead because even with General Conferences and Stake and Branch Conferences factored in, there's an extra lesson at the end which I use for wrapping up the year and looking ahead. I'd be curious to know why/how everyone gets so far ahead. It's hard for me to teach the lesson coming up that week if I've been working on the lessons one or two ahead of what I need to teach. I like to immerse myself in the lesson for the next week all the week before. Keeps me thinking about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
I don't understand why some people are more than a lesson ahead. Down here in Maryland we had a snow cancellation one Sunday and are one week behind you. I make my own handouts but enjoy checking in with you because so often the spirit is guiding us to emphasize the same points. Best Wishes,
Marilyn Gardner, Catonsville, Maryland Ward.

Anonymous said...

I think people are ahead because during Ward Conferences--they teach their lesson while my Bishop and Stake President use up that time. I appreciate your handouts. I don't use them but I love looking at the artwork you have chosen. I also like to see what points you emphasize.